From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:35 PM
To: Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Dealing with multiple names

What I'm trying to get a feel for...do most people just basically put the names
together, or do they actually use the alternate name thingy in the genealogy
program? I'm asking because Gedcom has a the Name and then they have the
Alternate name. I have an idea that most of us just use the main name and list
things like John Dewey "Bud" Smith. Or we use the memo say the appeared as John
D. Smith on the census. So that's what I'm asking here.  Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:23 PM, 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy