I’m unclear about your comment. Are you inquiring about the lineage or the
research technique?
Research technique:
I have a very complete tree for myself which was completely developed by Joao
Ventura. It provides me with a very deep tree but not a wide tree. With that
frame work I have further developed my tree through DNA work. Through DNA
testing of several family members I have tried to isolate the various lines.
Some of these relatives are related to me in several ways so it makes Family
Finder analysis a little tricky. In that case I have tried test some other
relatives with just those lines. I manage several DNA profiles as well as work
with several other relatives on the various connections. I have noted these
various lines within my database. This helps develop the width of my tree.
There is one relative that is going through my lines and Joao’s research
gathering the CCA links and connecting them to the tree. I work very hard at
connecting the various relatives especially if there is DNA to indicate a
connection. I also try to note siblings of my direct relatives which gives
width to my tree.
 The depth of my direct tree was developed by Joao Ventura and through the work
of various family members, DNA testing and finding the connections I have been
able to develop my tree’s width (family groups/siblings/ 2nd marriages etc).
The more I do this the easier it is to find the connections to DNA matches.
So now to the present work. I had several relatives which had incomplete trees
in other words the part of the tree that is not connected to me directly was
blank. I had several DNA matches that might account for these lines but I had
not tree to work with to find these connections. Recently I have been working
on two relatives’ trees from Raminho and Altares that tie into my family
through my Berbereia and Ormonde lines. I’ve been working through marriage
index, birth index, birth records, death records, marriage records to develop
these trees. I look through index and other leads to find records. I note them
in the database hoping they link back to Joao research (which they usually do
but in this case not has much). I want at least two records that confirm the
connection. Sometimes that means just reading through the CCA site page by page
in certain year ranges looking for names that connect. I do this to develop
width in the family groups so maybe a different member of the family will
provide a new lead.
Lineage:
If you are asking about the lineage then I need to said that since I’m just
developing these trees it will take some time to provide verification of the
work on the tree. I will utilize the DNA testing as I can and once connections
are made it will help provide the verification of lineage that this present
work will require. I will search for more birth, marriage and death records to
confirm the connections. I want at least two records but the more the better I
feel about the connection and the accuracy of the tree. You are looking at the
first step in a long journey  for these two trees.
Hope this reply provides you with an answer to your inquiry, if not just let me
know.
Doreen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10