There's a zillion Antonio Azevedos. And if I had $1 for every time someone
told me their ancestor "jumped ship," we'll I'd have a nice little bundle
of money.

You need to keep in mind that some stories became embellished over time.
Don't hold on to it as fact. You still need to look for him coming to
America on the American Passenger Arrivals and you still need to check for
him leaving the Azores. It was very hard to sneak past both ends. Maybe he
succeeded. But I'd still go looking for him.

Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada