I meant to say that I have an ancestor with the name Francisco Jose Medeiros
and I am a descendant of both the Medeiros line and the Araujo line from Sao
Miguel.

Eliseu,
    I was viewing your post and I noticed that some of the names you list are
the names of some of my relatives. I am not saying there is any connection with
your family but it did get my attention.

My paternal grandparents are from Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal.

My family surname is Medeiros. My name is George M. Medeiros Jr.

great grandfather     Francisco Jose Medeiros
great grandmother   Maria de Jesus Cordeiro

grandfather               Jose Medeiros Cordeiro/ Jose Cordeiro Medeiros
                                    born 1880,Sao Miguel, Azores

grandmother             Virginia Amelia Pereira, born 1890, Candalaria,
                                    Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores

great grandfather      Jose d' Araujo Pereira , born April 7,1841
                                    Candelaria, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel,
Azores

great grandmother    Policena(  have different spellings) dos Anjos
                                     born circa 1851, Villa de Logoa, Sao
Miguel, Azores
                                     another document has her from Rosario da
Lagoa

My paternal grandparents Jose Medeiros and Virginia Pereira were married at Our
Lady of the Rosary Church in East Providence, R.I.
in 1907. As far as I know the generations prior my grandparents remained on Sao
Miguel and other Azores Islands.

Apparently my Grandmother Virginia Amelia Pereira is the paternal granddaughter
of Antonio Jose de Araujo of Candalaria and Vitoria Tomasia of Ginetes.
Virginia is the maternal granddaughter of
Manuel Correia Soares and Antonia Jacinta of Rosario da Lagoa

Does any of this look familiar to you ?