Thanks Tony-- it's a really engaging mystery.

The way the studio is staged gives me the feeling that the photo is from
the 1880's or 1890's, but I give weight to Rosemary's dating of their
hairstyles too.

If you can look at the original photo, you should be able to get a better
idea of the period it was taken.

best of luck!

:)

Linda