Hi John,
   Yes, Mary Martins, was Msgn. Martin's niece.  Mary has died.  Her brother,
is an attorney in Hayward, Ed. Martins.  I believe he is still involved with
the school for children in the village where Mary's parents were born.
   When Msgn. Martins died, Mary and Ed. began a day care and school for the
children from the village of Ligares, Tras-os-Montes.  This village is where my
maternal grandfather was born.
   If you are interested in the center, it is now also a center for the seniors
of the village, here is Ed's phone #.  510 537 3477.  I do not know if he has
email or not.
   Ligares is a very remote village almost to the Spanish border.  I have
visited there and I know I walked on the same rocks my grandfather did.  The
reason the school was build was that the working age residents left the village
to find work in Cities and even other countries.
   In addition to the school, the center also cares for the seniors in need of
care.  I think if you contact Ed., he can give you all the information you want
about the village.
Celeste

Celeste Perry ccgran...@yahoo.com