Gordon,

I'd really need to see the whole record. Is the apostrophe after the "e" on
"Pe" really an accent of "Pé?" That means foot. "Ao" means "on the" or "at
the" (it's a contraction). So "at the foot of Ladeira" is how I kinda
interpret that without seeing it in context.

D. is Dona. It's a title, similar to Lady, as in Lady Diana. The older Dona
titles are real. As they come forward in time, they are used more loosely
and may not have the status that they used to carry with them.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada