Francisco,  That makes sense.  Thanks so much for bothering to educate me! 😊

Angela, thank you as well! 😊

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)

From: Genealogia sem segredos
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2019 4:36 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Official Alfaiate (Official Tailor)?

In several craft jobs (tailors, masons, wood carvers, etc) workers had 3
categories: aprendiz (aprentice), oficial, and mestre (master). That's the
explanation for "official de alfaiate": he was not an aprentice, nor a master
yet.
Francisco Queiroz
("Genealogia sem segredos" researcher)

'Sam (Camas, WA)' via Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com> escreveu no
dia sexta, 22/03/2019 à(s) 17:53:
When the father is stated in a birth record as the Official Alfaiate, what does
it really mean.  I know the translation but; who is he the Official Tailor to?
The village, a specific person or what?

Thanks all,

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)