What other ports of entry would someone come through if not Ellis Island? I
have searched Ellis Island for my grandfather Jesse Ferreira and have not found
him. There is a possibility of someone with like name (Ferrero which was a
misspelling of his name on a census document) leaving the Azores on a New
Zealand ship Admiral Sampson NZ bound for Port Antonio, Jamaica in 1902. The
date is a match but that is a long shot. I don’t know how to proceed but would
want to look for other US ports of disembarking. Anybody have some suggestions?

Gordon