I’m using Family Search. I can’t find them leaving the Azores either.  I’m
beginning to think Jesse came somehow illegally but his wife Maria ( what
else?) came a year or two later with my Uncle Manuel (you probably could guess)
around 1902 or as late as 1904 but not later based on my uncles age.
Gordon

Sent from my iPhone