Is there a known location on San Miguel island for a Bettencourt line?

I am trying to narrow down searching without much information to begin with
for someone. I would like to get her started on her journey.  A Maria
Souza, (da Sousa?)  born 18 or 19 March 1895 on San Miguel. Mother of Maria
is a Bettencourt.

Thanks all.....I know it's a lot to ask.

Lillian