On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:58:23AM +0200, Andreas Pape wrote:
> Speeding up dat address lookup is achieved by snooping all incoming ip
> traffic. This especially increases the propability in bla setups that
> a gateway into a common backbone network already has a fitting dat entry
> to answer incoming ARP requests directly coming from the backbone
> network thus further reducing ARP traffic in the mesh.

Any IP packet can't be sent if an ARP "handshake" has not been performed. This
means that when you are snooping an IP packet you have already snooped an ARP
packet slightly before. In which case do we really win something ?

On top of that, don't you think that snooping *every* packet will badly affect
the performance ? Have you tried measuring the difference ?

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli