On Montag, 29. Oktober 2018 17:07:26 CET Jonathan Haws wrote:
[...]
> One thing to note (and Sven, maybe you can tell me if this is
> expected): in my testing I found that alfred is getting into this
> ipv4_arp_request call for the local node as well, thus the very first
> ioctl() will fail with "No such device or address". Should there be a
> check for this being the local node and just discard it before making
> the check or is making the check all the time then discarding okay?

Uhm, this sounds extremely wrong to me. Why would you receive your own UDP
packets (push_data, announce_master, status_txend) again in the first place?
See netsock_own_address for the code which drops such packets in the main recv
function - you should know it because you've tried to modify it for IPv4
support.

But your memory initialization is completely broken and have to be fixed.
Right now, you are just comparing uninitialized memory regions against each
other.

Kind regards,
        Sven