Just had a thought - what if you could use the sliders to create your page
and then that generated a custom RSS feed based on those settings?

Would that be useful?

On 10/1/08 11:09, "neil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Davy [and all others who have posted comments].
>
> We're going to tweak it based on this round of feedback, and hopefully
> then build a production version for Nations and Regions. At that point
> the code should be ironed-out and ready for general release. Word from
> the BBC is that they plan to open source this code in the next couple
> of months.
>
> Re: comments about 'usability' etc. I totally agree - there's no
> guarantee as to whether users will choose to use such a system, and an
> awful lot depends on how and where it's embedded in the site.
>
> However, in terms of presentation, it's worth noting that there is no
> strict limit on the width of the sliders, and they could theoretically
> occupy much less horizontal space than they do in this demo. As Matt
> pointed out, this is a proposed solution to a particular problem
> raised in the in Innovation Labs - how to offer sensible news and
> features to people who live on the border between regions - so we'd
> expect it to live there initially, but we think it does offer an
> interesting way to 'mash up' feeds offered by the BBC, and may well
> find a home elsewhere, if users respond positively.
>
> We'll be keeping you posted on how things develop, and once again,
> thanks for all the feedback :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Neil & Chris
>
> On 9 Jan 2008, at 13:51, Davy Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I like it!
>>
>> Pretty cool stuff - might use it on Mood News! When /how are you
>> planning a release?
>>
>> Davy
>>
>> --
>> Davy Mitchell
>> Blog - http://www.latedecember.co.uk/sites/personal/davy/
>> Twitter - http://twitter.com/daftspaniel
>> Skype - daftspaniel
>> needgod.com
>> -
>> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk developer discussion group.  To
>> unsubscribe backstage-developer [your email] as the message.
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk developer discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
> please send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with  unsubscribe
> backstage-developer [your email] as the message.

_______________________
Matthew Cashmore
Development Producer

BBC Future Media & Technology, Research and Innovation
BC5C3, Broadcast Centre, Media Village, W12 7TP

T:            020 8008 3959            (02  83959)
M:            07711 913241            (072 83959)

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk developer discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
please send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with  unsubscribe backstage-developer
[your email] as the message.