How about there being a wiki hosted on backstage that we can
all use to aggregate info about sources and all that other stuff?

I'd love to have a home for all the pointers to data useful for
mapping related resources related to backstage projects...

Matt

On 5/29/05, Ben Metcalfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > For those of you interested http://www.bleb.org/tv/ provides XML
> > listings of the all the major UK TV channels, this could be used in a
> > number of ways within other BBC content!
> >
> > It's become apparent that there is a lot of merging of data from
> > different sources such as Google, BBC etc.  Would it be beneficial if
> > the backstage site or an independent site started cataloging
> > some of the
> > resources which could be used? I realise that that the site currently
> > lists prototyping and mostly internal BBC feeds but listings good
> > external resources would be excellent.
> >
> > James.
> 
> Hi James
> 
> Your right - there are plenty of really good external resources out
> there.  Remixing content from varying sources is certainly a good
> strategy to create a successful prototype.
> 
> To that endeavour, we're certainly keen to list useful external feeds
> within our Feeds and API's pages (http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/data/).
> 
> As you can appreciate, being an official BBC site, there are certain
> restrictions placed upon me as to what I can link to from
> backstage.bbc.co.uk.  I'm not 100% of our position on bleb.org at this
> point in time (hey, it's 3am on a bank holiday!) but I'm pretty sure
> it's something we wouldn't be able to link to it if it scrapes it's
> content from a third-party provider (I *believe* it does - but let me
> know if you know better!) - I don't think there are any official, freely
> licenced/legel UK TV listing XML sources on the Internet at the moment.
> 
> If you guys want to start compiling lists of useful resources and links
> like this on your own sites, I'll see if we can link to them.  Let me
> know
> 
> 
> Cheers
> Ben Metcalfe :: backstage.bbc.co.uk
> 
> 
> 
>


Reply via email to