I think it would be fine if the wiki were hosted by the beeb - it would at 
least give the promise (I'm assuming) that its content will be around as long
as the backstage project is around - like this mailing list. Hosting
it externally
would not give such a promise. It would give backstage an additional role
of providing a centralized resource for data useful for the web2.0 world which
would be a great motivator for the bbc to add more services etc. Note
that some of the data feeds that were originally listed on backstage (still?) 
didn't source at the bbc either - which fits with this pov.

Either way, I'm really keen to see a wiki up which is all about data sources,
how to munge them, combine them, what the licensing issues are, where
there are prototypes, etc.

Matt

On 5/30/05, Paul Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> > ...Would it be beneficial if the backstage site or an independent site
> > started cataloging some of the resources which could be used?
> 
> 
> I came across this listing of web services recently (via
> http://blog.outer-court.com/):
> http://www.xmethods.net/ve2/Directory.po
> 
> If nothing else, it's a mine of ideas.
> 
> I'd love to see a wiki which combined listings of resources like that
> with howtos, best practices, tutorials etc. It should be independant of
> the BBC, since it wouldn't be solely about backstage feeds or APIs. I'd
> be happy to slap MediaWiki onto a server if there's enough people to
> kick start it and keep it free of spam....
> 
>


Reply via email to