On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 02:57:05PM +0100, Dan Hill wrote:
> >Release early, release often.
>
> Indeed, although we're concentrating on 'mainstream' users for these
> feeds, rather than Backstage, so I'd rather we tended towards 100% and
> avoided unecessary studio info where possible. It may be that we have a
> fuller feed for Backstage etc. alongside.
I think the general public would like partial info better then none too --
it's just fine for them if it sometimes shows up with "(custom content)".
Even better if it knows what mics are live, and who is sitting in front of
them, though obviously that'd require some extra work for producers (or
engineers, depending on how the show works).  The last 20% takes 80% of the
time, but a large amount of your audience only cares about the first 80%
anyway.

IOW, when you can't figure out what's being played, just put in a
placeholder.

       -=- James Mastros