I noticed that about half an hour after the link was shown on the More Audio
and Video page, it then promptly disappeared to be replaced by a link to an
on-demand Radio 4 show (and the large image link also disappeared from the
page) - the stream still works, though.

What puzzles me the most is that the BBC hasn't made a big fuss about
this... I remember when discussions were rife about News 24 going online and
streaming, and then there was talk that they couldn't because of rights
issues but they were due to go online with N24 sometime late last year...
And that never happened... Personally I'm glad to see N24 streaming online,
it's the perfect channel to watch on my mobile device :) But as I check the
BBC site right now, great prominence is being given to the now3 stream as
Blair makes his way to Sedgefield, but there's no mention of News 24 at all,
not on any page nor on any "watch xyz" link in the red banner at the top of
each page... Is the lack of consistency deliberate to trickle the info out
and see how demand increases, or am I reading too much into it?

Pardon the odd questions but I'm really quite stupidly excited at this
development for something which is really not that amazing in the greater
scheme of things ;) (but is a great addition to the web site, if only they
advertise it more!)