________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Cridland
Sent: 21 May 2007 13:26
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] A decent editorially-ordered BBC News feed?

It's not ordered editorially; it's ordered by time of last update of
that story.

So, right now:

http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml
- Blaze ravages historic Cutty Sark
- Terror charge man freed on bail
- High marks for six forms

But http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolpda/ukfs_news/hi/default.stm
- Blaze ravages historic Cutty Sark
- Lebanon clashes 'kill civilians'
- No 10 defends Hodge housing call
... and these are the top three stories, too, on http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Latest news != most important news.

On 5/21/07, Jason Cartwright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml

        This is ordered editorially. Is the widget messing with it? Am I
missing something?