Most (all?) of these sites have bookmarklet functionality. Pretty harsh to
ban that.

I bet these buttons aren't used by 99% or more of the people that visit the
pages. I don¹t think the average visitor cares. You only have to look at the
del.ico.us homepage to see that the most bookmarked stuff is all about web
dev URLs.