Hehe, I know the people who run my local web cafe, fortunatly they're
nothing like that and still let people do virtually anything that dosn't
take up large amounts of bandwidth. They use Deep Freeze (
http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp) to limit ant damage.

Personally I like to confuse people by booting my own OS on their PCs
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/04/02/qemu-persistent-slax-linux/
at the very least, I use my own browser: http://portableapps.com/ , as I've
got it set up "just right".

I wonder what these other cyber cafes would think of that?

Vijay.