Then Noah Slater wrote:
> You're implication is bogus.

I wasn't implying anything. You implied others view some of your posts as off
topic, and I then made what was intended as a lighthearted comment.

So much for humour ...

Michael.
--
[ The "on-topic" stuff (from my perspective) was shunted off to the
  developer list, so whatever views I have on on/off topic aren't even

  That's not the same as being on or off topic - it's more about relevance.
  If I've heard the same arguments 100 times over the past 10 years, its
  unlikely to change my opinion and after the first 10 or 20 times the
  conversation ceases to be relevant to me. Of course you'd rightly say "it
  doesn't have to be relevant to you", which is fine and correct.

  I'd like backstage to be relevant to me because the list supports a concept
  of "use our stuff to make your stuff", and I'm one of the sources of "our
  stuff". However, I am not the world. It's just personal opinion and nowhere
  near "official" opinion.

  If it hasn't changed to become relevant after that time (or preferably
  without having to unsubscribe because of irrelevance), then to me an
  individual, as a developer on my own time and as a developer of stuff the
  BBC has released as opensource/free software and advocated publicly
  (and officially with approval) the use, improvement and creation of open
  source software (all for practical, not dogmatic reasons), the list becomes
  pointless. But then I am not the world - there's plenty of other places I
  can go read stuff and discuss stuff. Wouldn't be a big deal, just a pity ]