On 05/12/2007, Matthew Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The delay is just a
> small-team-working-on-/programmes-and-trying-to-fit-it-all-in thing.

Any chance of explaining what the BBC actually have to do when someone
says "let's open source Y"?
It's normally a relatively simple for a small individual project
(simply adding the appropriate license file and copyright text to each
file). However I assume it is somewhat more tricky for a large
organisation. Does this have to work it's way up to high management or
are individual teams given freedom to make these decisions themselves?

Or are you busy removing all the derogatory/rude comments entered into
the code?
(Scarily this does happen in some places, even with open source code.)

Will you be accepting bug reports and patches from people outside the
BBC or is this a "release and forget" kind of thing? (Unfortunately I
am not a Perl coder so there isn't much I can do).

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath