Martin Deutsch wrote:

On 1/4/08, *Ian Forrester* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Just in case anyone missed it, there's a bunch of developers
    trying to bring BBC iPlayer content to the Xbox1 and Wii. The main
    thread can be found here -
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27063

[...]
This is possibly not the best thread for it, but I'd been meaning to ask lately about iPlayer on slighlty less exotic devices - namely cable. With Virgin Media, I already have access to a selection of catch-up VoD content from the BBC (and 4oD and Virgin Media's own channels). Is iPlayer on cable going to bring anything more than a slightly pinker UI, or will it also mean the same selection of programmes as the web-based iPlayer? I've been enjoying some BBC Scotland programmes on my laptop over the past few days, and it would be nice to be able to watch them at a slightly higher resolution. cheers,
 - martin
Hi Martin,

I think its public knowledge that we have a cable version of iplayer too. It was talked about in Edinburgh and elsewhere - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jun/27/digitalmedia.broadcasting

So don't worry that's coming down the pipeline...