On Monday 03 March 2008 06:45:35 Stephen Wolff wrote:
> i'd agree with that - having just joined the list, i did wonder what i was
> letting myself in for!

Don't worry - you'll only be harassed and accused of all sorts of things from
conspiracies through to a lack of ethics if you happen to work for the BBC
and are trying to do the right thing... I'm sure it discourages other people
from chatting (sad to say). Mind you, as they've suggested in the past,
I've now "deployed filters", meaning I'm now only seeing these meta-comments.

On a more positive note, I gave a talk about Kamaelia at barcamp at the
weekend about Kamaelia which I've posted up on slideshare. (Is that
dropping a presentation? cf James's email ? :-) It's here for those
interested:

   * http://www.slideshare.net/kamaelian/sociable-software

Other refs regarding it I've mentioned in other places:

   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Introduction
   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Cookbook
   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Components

The other one mentioned was regarding the fact that it appears to be
equivalent to a (much) older project called "MASCOT". The key reference I
can find for that is this:
   * http://async.org.uk/Hugo.Simpson/MASCOT-3.1-Manual-June-1987.pdf

I only found out about that last December, but it seems to validate everything
in Kamaelia, in yet more problem domains :-) (Really interesting stuff. If
people choose to only read one link out of these, I'd suggest reading the
MASCOT one :-)

Regards,

Michael.