 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Sizemore
Sent: 05 March 2008 18:03
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk; backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: RE: [backstage] What would you love to see coming out of BBC Vision
in the near future?

oh, but you mention SPARQL queries, so doesn't that mean that we'd need full
resource/RDF/URIs approach at least internally at the Beeb? or at least the
capability and internal structure and data model in place internally to
publish our data out to the world at a SPARQL end-point?

to really offer SPARQL GUIDs are probably neither here nor there, but we'd
need to do pretty well with URIs, no?

personally, i liked the suggestion earlier to use dBpedia.org URIs as a
starter lingua franca of URIs... clearly that wouldn't be relevant for IDing
many of the resources pertinent to the editing suite, but even there it'd be
relevant for some (people the video clip was about, etc)

best--

--cs