First there is no such thing as the "EUCD law", all EU member states
interpret and implement EU directives how they want.
I believe that the UK implementation of the EU copyright directive is  The
Copyright and related rights regulations 2003
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_and_Related_Rights_Regulations_2003>

I belive the relevant section of the act is
here<http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?LegType=All+Legislation&title=Copyright+and+Related+Rights+Regulations&Year=2003&searchEnacted=0&extentMatchOnly=0&confersPower=0&blanketAmendment=0&sortAlpha=0&TYPE=QS&PageNumber=1&NavFrom=0&parentActiveTextDocId=860007&ActiveTextDocId=860053&filesize=77916>
IANAL, but as I read it  "Circumvention of technical devices applied to
computer programs" is only unlawful if you're doing it in order to start
selling copies of $copyrighted_work, breaking DRM in order to watch Dr Who
on you Linux box won't earn you a criminal record.

Vijay.