On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Christopher Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What concerns me is the pronounced slowdown in
> consumer investment in digital radio technology.

Well, there's maths for you.

1 set sold in 1994.
2 sets sold in 1995.
200% increase in DAB sets sold!!! Woot!!!

5.5 million sets sold by end 2006
6.5 million sets sold by end 2007
Oh dear, that's not a 200% increase, DAB must be stillborn. Alert! Call the
police!

Incidentally, I've bought (another) DAB set today - the Pure Siesta, a clock
radio alarm. £49, and even DAB+ upgradeable. Neat little device. Also
available, but I didn't buy it, a clock radio from Tesco own-brand Tecknicka
or something similar, for £15.00. And yes, it included DAB.

--
http://james.cridland.net/ | http://www.mediauk.com/

Media UK is a Not At All Bad Ltd production.
http://notatallbad.ltd.uk/legal_info/