> I just looked at this post
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/04/blogs_getting_b
> etter_finally.html#commentsanchor
> and was about to comment when I saw that registration had
> been enabled.
> Any chance we could see OpenID[1] logins sometime soon?
> The benefits of OpenID to the end user are pretty simple:
> they don't need to have different accounts on every service
> (in this case a blog) in existence.
> I'm sure there is some Movable Type code which could be
> borrowed for this.

Movable Type 4 comes with OpenID authentication built in - however the
new blogs installation isn't actually using Movable Type to handle
comments and registration.

Instead, comments are handled by the BBC's DNA software which runs
message boards, H2G2 and various other similar functions.  DNA then
hooks into the BBC's standard single sign on service, which as you might
guess, doesn't support OpenID.

Speaking on a personal basis only, I think it would be lovely if the
BBC's standard single sign on service allowed the use of OpenID.  Just
as long as I'm not the one who has to implement it all  :)