Hi All

You'll be interested to hear that the team who look after the existing single sign on system are currently up to their collective eyeballs in a project to replace it. It's not a small job, as you might imagine, but it's off the ground at least.

The first step is to get the foundations in place, and then we'll be in a position to build just about anything we need to... thinking about whether that will mean using OpenID, or related things, is one of our next steps. It's safe to say, however, that we won't be reinventing any wheels if we can help it.

We know there's a ton of useful and amazing things that'll be possible when we get this done... just bear with us while we sort it out.

... I think it would be lovely if the
BBC's standard single sign on service allowed the use of OpenID.  Just
as long as I'm not the one who has to implement it all  :)

That'll be us, then ;-)

Richard Northover
CSD, BBC Identity