On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Alia Sheikh wrote:

So I might be coming late to the party, but have y'all seen this?

http://wordle.net/

Not all that late, as far as I can see - nothing particularly new (I have a backstage tag cloud tshirt somewhere...) but a nice and simple way of playing with clouds.

Flickr has been filling up with various screengrabs for the last week or so, with some vaguely interesting ones popping up from time to time:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=wordle&m=text

Sticking the complete text of books seems to be the current fad, which produces occasionally interesting, but generally pretty things. I ran my del.icio.us tags through it and it worryingly accurately described my brain (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowfish/2583141053/).

It's all rather pretty and has me wondering if I should do unspeakable things with scheduling data.

Yes, you should.

--billy

--
http://billyabbott.co.uk