Alia,

Thanks for posting that.  They are quite interesting and pretty "word
clouds".

I'm just wondering if people actually use them?  For example, they used to
appear on sites like CiF, but they have been removed.

They also seem a usability nightmare...

I'm guessing there is probably some massive successful word cloud out there
and I've just missed it?

2008/6/19 Alia Sheikh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So I might be coming late to the party, but have y'all seen this?
>
> http://wordle.net/
>
> It's "a toy for generating 'word clouds' from text that you provide. The
> clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the
> source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and
> color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however
> you like."
>
> It's all rather pretty and has me wondering if I should do unspeakable
> things with scheduling data.
>
> Alia
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover advice,
since 2002