Sorry, a "GPS compass".  I worked on GPS for ages back in the day and don't
ever recall GPS being able to be a compass.
Not really sure what is so complicated about "electronic compasses" though,
I would love to hear more.

I was really looking forward to doing my little app to help find your
nearest Freeview transmitter.

2008/9/24 Tom Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On 24 Sep 2008, at 07:33, Brian Butterworth wrote:
>
>  Yes, I am sure that it has a compass (that's how the Live Streetmap view
>> works in the demos), I'm not 100% sure it is necessarily going to be the
>> killer app...
>>

> In my experience, electronic compasses are utterly terrible for consumer
> use. I suspect the Live Streetmap thing might work with a GPS Compass (ie,
> this is the bearing you are walking along) and accelerometer for dead
> reckoning from that bearing.
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover advice,
since 2002