STOP MAILING

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: [backstage] Android UK launch
set for TuesdayDate: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:11:52 +0200

STOP MAILING> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:48:12 +0100> To:
backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk> Subject: Re: [backstage] Android UK launch set for
Tuesday> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > The impression I've gotten is that the
distinguishing features of Android > are that:> > * it is a fresh, relatively
clean, publicly documented API (as opposed to > the legacy cruft of the APIs on
Windows and other platforms)> > * greater egalatarianism between apps - ie. you
can replace functionality > of built in apps - such as messaging/phone (though
if an operator chooses > to lock it down?...)> > * nice high level funky app
services built in too - such as google maps, > location etc. that make it easy
to embed (mashup?) these capabilities into > your own applications?> > > Matt>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:44:01 +0100, Ian Forrester > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:> > > Alright so maybe it might be possible to do a so-so compass with a
GPS > > device but...> >> > Once again, a reason for the non-geeks to buy the
Dream/G1/1st Gphone? > > Or maybe there isn't one and its truly a phone for
geeks and geeks > > alone? Damm you Orange for not getting the contract. Really
don't want > > to switch contracts yet.> >> > Cheers> >> > -----Original
Message-----> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Brian Butterworth> > Sent:
Thu 9/25/2008 8:06 AM> > To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk> > Subject: Re:
[backstage] Android UK launch set for Tuesday> > I know it took less that 15
seconds of Google, but...> >> > http://www.speakesensors.com/PDF/scl0041.pdf>
compass directly, but many GPS receivers can show you > > your> > > direction
of travel on a compass-like display.> > > > > > I seem to remember my N95 has a
pretty good compass in it.> > GPS+accelerometer = standing-still compass.> > >
> Phil> > > > -> > Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To
unsubscribe, > > please visit > >
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. > > Unofficial