Apologies for revisiting an old thread, and for the stream-of- consciousness rant.

After the suggestion of comparing Hulu to iPlayer, I found a proxy that lets me stream fast enough to watch Hulu. It's a great service, and I particularly love the (actually rather obvious) ability to embed videos. HBO content would make it King.

The clips they litter the site with merely serve to be rather irritating when you're looking for an episode however, and having to use a proxy makes it a PITA.

So, to the point: any plans to allow embedding of iPlayer content? Is the service providing access to content, or driving traffic to bbc.co.uk?

I realise this question is probably going to open up a huge can of worms, so I'll add further impractical thoughts before the inevitable...

Allowing embedding of user-specified clips (ie marking an in- and out- point) could be a nice way of allowing 'water cooler' moments to be easily shared, promoting shows in exactly the way music companies have failed to promote their artists in the current YouTube audio-removal debacle.

Oh, while I'm on a roll, any plans for a Wii/PS3-friendly interface à la Youtube for Television?

Thoughts?

cheers,

jim