Thanks - I hadn't noticed they'd "released" it.

If you read the licensing agreement first
( http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/pdf/rtmp_specification_license_1.0.pdf )
then you'll probably not want to go and download the specs.

There are plenty of reasons why you'd not want to download and use this
adobe spec as it allegedly makes you party to their *very* restrictive
license/terms of use of their patented and proprietary protocol.

I thought it sounded too good to be true - i.e. unencumbered openness!

I suggest reading the other reverse engineered RTMP specs out there in
the net if you are interested in implementing any rtmp client or server.

Will they be less trigger happy - I guess not - now they'll just claim
that you broke their licensing agreement by implementing their specs
even if you never read them!

~Phil