Actually, lots of FLOSS code produces supersecure encryption; GnuPG for example.

Digital Restrictions Management of broadcast media is harder to do
than text messages or filesystem volumes.

Most commercial DRM developers don't give a hoot about GNU/Linux
platforms since marketshare is so small though.

Sean