So if I understand you, let's abolish copyright, and that way
Microsoft, Adobe et.al. can just chuck their bloated old code and
incorporate formerly free software into their binaries? And charge an
arm and a leg for it as well.

No thanks. I prefer the GPL, which derives its power from copyright
law - the concept that creators decide how their work may be used.

I support "intellectual property" law reform, but this is really
throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Sean.

P.S. I'm a parent, and I am glad copyright law provides me with some
recourse should my teenager be dumb enough to upload a bad photo to a
public internet site. I'm afraid though that next, you're going to
tell me that children should be free of parental control and report
their parents to the NKVD if they aren't permitted to use RapidShare
or MEGAUPLOAD