2009/12/2 Ian Forrester <ian.forres...@bbc.co.uk>:

> seeing isn't wave at all. Its simply a rough cut
> implementation of what's possible with the wave protocol.

Right; the protocol seems sound enough, and I expect that (like
Novell) it will get picked up by projects that would have had to have
done the engineering on such a protocol themselves.

But there are relatively few of those projects, and so I don't expect
it will be soon that we see anything 'wow'-worth out of Wave. I think
it will get subsumed by projects that use it and we will know those by
their own names and indeed may come to know Wave itself by those
names; like people who use the web and that the web _is_ the
internet...

> wondered if Google had put out wave too early for consumers?

As Scot said, its hardly had a consumer release. Anyone who is
involved in projects that might make use of such technology have heard
about it, understand it, and probably by now have a beta account.
What's the fuss? :-)