Just wanted to softly, gently throw my oar in on this debate :)

Don't you need a computer in the first place to sync your media from? I think
comparing the iPad and a personal computer is a little like comparing a scooter
and a lorry.

Of greater pertinence is the freedom of the device - more iStore lock-in, no
different browsers, no competition with Apple apps. Can someone explain how
Apple are avoiding getting in trouble like Microsoft did for IE-bundling?