FUD.

Other browsers are available for the iPhone, through the App Store:

http://www.macworld.com/appguide/article.html?article=138409

Microsoft also deliberately participated in various nefarious anti-competitive
practices to achieve market domination, which AFAIK, Apple has not yet done.
The one time something dodgy may have been going on, with Google Voice, they
did get in trouble.

Alex