On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 14:58, Darren Stephens
<darren.steph...@hull.ac.uk> wrote:
> No,
>
> For many people it is ENTIRELY rational behaviour. Most people are not like
> us (who jailbreak iphone and touch and tinker with OS X). Most people want a
> consumer project. They want something they can switch on and use, not spend
> the rest of your life trying to configure and tweak.

Jailbreaking is the ultimate in configuring and tweeking. Buying an
iPhone is a rational behaviour (assuming you don't care too much about
your phone being all that great a phone). Buying an iPhone, knowing
all the limitations and then jailbreaking it isn't rational behaviour
when there are just as good alternative that don't require
jailbreaking (I could see doing it for fun when the iPhone was new,
but not now). If you can jailbreak an iPhone, then you shouldn't have
any difficulty using Ovi or the Android store (or even sideloading
apps that aren't in those stores)

Scot