On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:02, David Tomlinson
<d.tomlin...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> The 'canvas' interface is still subject to copyright and subject to a cost
> recovery fee, as are logos etc (not required by open source solution).

Without the Canvas UX, you're not permitted to access any Canvas content.

That is, you can run a completely separate system based on the Canvas
specs, but unless you implement the Canvas UX, you can't access the
content the Canvas JV partners supply to the real Canvas system.

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if the only way to get
at the specs is via the DTG -- that hasn't been confirmed yet, but
there's been little to suggest otherwise to date.

M.