The easiest solution is just play the 30 minute edition on BBC1 then we can watch the HD version on BBC1 HD.
Another solution is to have a simulcast BBC4 (BBC4 HD).
There's plenty of bandwidth on the satellite HD transponder - enough for at least 2 more HD channels.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Woods" <chris...@infinitus.co.uk>
To: <backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 4:54 PM
Subject: RE: [backstage] The Sky at Night BBC1 vs BBC4 editions

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of b...@bt
Sent: 08 November 2010 14:38
To: BBC Backstage

Just a quick question.

The BBC4 edition of Sky at Night is 30 minutes long but the
BBC1 edition (and repeat on BBC2) is 20 minutes long.
Does anyone know why ?

I seem to remember TSAN eps have a breakaway segment on location or somesuch similar. Do the BBC4 repeats just have office-based stuff? (simple way would
be to play both at once and see where they go out ;-)

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/