Whilst we are at it (given the demise of backstage):

- why does only the Windows Media Centre automatically put on the subtitles
when you mute the sound?

- why wasn't "channel 888" a way to put the subtitles on?

- why are those people who are most likely to rely on "digital text", ie
they don't have internet access, provided with the most third-rate BBC news
service?

- how are the text-plus Rabbit and Gay Rabbit public services?