Hey guys,

Can I pick your brains please. :)

I'm trying to work out what technology to use;

Situation:
Mobile Linux computer connected via 3G/GPRS to internet.
The computer is likely to encounter fluctuating connectivity where it connectivity drops between low GPRS signal, full HDPSA signal and completely offline.

Objective:
I'm trying to find a technology to stream [live] video from a V4L2 device to 'the internet' over the able connection. The connection only needs to be one way.

Caveat:
Ideally I need to work out something that makes a 'best effort' judgement based on the amount/quality of bandwidth available and and streams the best picture it can. Eg. Where loads of bandwidth is available, there is a nice picture and where there isn't, there isn't a nice picture, but there isn't nothing.

Does anything like this exist?

Ideally something I can pull the video out in something resembling a sane format would be cool.
Bonus points if it's easily scriptable...

Cheers,

Tim