On 02/02/11 18:59, Christopher Woods wrote:

>>> I'm trying to work out what technology to use
>
> I have no experience in this myself but I've been impressed by the
> reliability and quality of the LiveU system. Leo Laporte (and co) used it to
> do walkabout live coverage of CES 2011 and it really held up well, even in
> the LVCC (where NOBODY can get 3G signal). That said, it was using four 3G
> cards, one from each major US telco, to load balance! A good chunk of the
> backpack is just batteries, surprise surprise...

Oooh. Interesting. I'm trying to do something similar-ish I guess, but
on the cheap, in a different form factor, for fun. :)

> Perhaps see if you can find any literature about what hardware they ended up
> using? There *must* be some, I imagine most of the gear is just OOTB with
> some very clever coding running the show.

To be honest the hardware isn't really that complex if you put your head
to it.. and neither is *most* of the software as far as I can work
out... this is the only bit really where I didn't have a good idea of
how to implement it...