"Mirco Ellis" writes:

> ..... by the way. If I do an archive using smb to say /tmp, the whole backup
> is archived. When I do tar -zvxf
> all the data is available and the size (26 GB) corresponds with the actual
> size of the data being backed up. I will try and get the info you requested
> asap. Unfortunately I am not onsight.

Ok, that confirms the full backup is there, and BackupPC_tarCreate
creates the full tree.

I suspect the problem is read-only directories.  Smbclient
creates the directory and sets the permissions.  It then
fails to write any files below that directory.  The correct
way, of course, is to set the directory read-only after the
contents are written.  I believe someone mentioned this on
the list several weeks ago.

If we can confirm that then this is a bug in smbclient tar
restore.

Craig