So you're saying use that tool (is there any documentation on it or is it a scratch n' sniff type deal?) against my already archived files and then put up the result? That must create a mirror of the files, which would require I have twice the capacity of my backups, minus the stuff I don't want.

I guess the only other solution to that would be some method of specifying which files to be put up to rsync or similar .... wait ... I think .... yes, that may just be a good idea. Using rsync, specify the /backup directory, and ask it to exclude /this/file and /that/file. Any reason that wouldn't be a good idea?

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 01/05 01:51 , Brandon Prudent wrote:
> I need to perform a partial backup (ie, exclude a few directories) to a
> remote network. As I woul d prefer to not hack on the source, I was hoping
> maybe someone on the list could tell me if this has been done before and
> is relativly easy. An automated solution is not nessacary, as the remote
> network requires a human to log in *grumble*.

so you want to take an archive from your backuppc server, and send it
somewhere else?

I'd suggest using the BackupPC_tarCreate tool to make an archive of the bits
you're interested in, then transfer that to the remote host.

Or did you have something else in mind?

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator