Hello, All -

I am using BackupPC with great success. It is a wonderful product.

I have a need to wake up some Windows PC's at night to backup so as to reduce
network traffic during the day. I am using SMB.

So far, my conf.pl has the $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} pointing to a script that wakes
up the PC and then sleeps for 2 minutes. This script works from the command line
just fine under the same user that backuppc runs as. However, when I try to use
it within backuppc, it comes back with this error:

"Can't find host [hostname] via netbios".

The DumpPreUserCmd does not even seem to run.

The DumpPostUserCmd runs just fine, and when I kick off a backup when the
machine is already on, the backup finishes and the PC turns itself off.

Here is my conf.pl:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = 'backup';
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = '****';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = '****';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';
$Conf{XferLogLevel} = 1;
$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '[hostname]';
$Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} =  '/opt/backuppc/files/wake_up_george.sh';
$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} = '/opt/backuppc/files/go_to_sleep_george.sh';

wake_up_george.sh contains:

#!/bin/bash
wakeonlan -f /opt/backuppc/files/george.wol
sleep 120s

go_to_sleep_george.sh contains:

#!/bin/bash
poweroff_client [george's ip] 2> /dev/null

Like I said, both of these scripts work fine from the command line under the
user backuppc, the same user the backuppc daemon uses.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Mark